Thursday, December 6, 2018

Final Exam: Dec.11th and 13th (see below)


Comp I, Final Exam

When: Tuesday, Dec.11th @ 11:30 (for 11:00 class)
                        Thursday, Dec. 13th @ 9:00 (for 9:30 class)     


What: You will need to bring both books from class, as well as paper and something to write with.

How: I will be grading you on your ability to (a) use the primary sources to create a conversation; (b) to quote and cite properly; (c) that your paper has sufficient development and techniques (Introduction, naysayers, context) for a basic conversation paper.

The Final Exam will give you three quotes/ideas to respond to, and ask you to construct a specific response to it using other ideas from behind the beautiful forevers and at least one of the essays from Best American Travel Writing 2017. I will grade this paper leniently, since you’re writing it on the spot, but I will expect you to master the basics of citation and organization. I’m also checking to make sure you’ve read and thought about each book, so the better you can show me that, the better you’ll do on the essay.

Hint: Look over your daily response questions from behind the beautiful forevers since I’ll be pulling a lot of the questions from those. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Exam! See below...